It’s that time of year again. The time where we get to buy and receive gifts. Sometimes it is really tough coming up with ideas for gifts but luckily for you, I’ve put together a gift guide that doesn’t suck and won’t break the bank. All of these are under R200 except for one, because the extra R100 is so worth it.
Beauty, bath & beyond
The festive season is the perfect time to relax and unwind. And these goodies will help you do just that.
- This Body Shop gift pack includes a satsuma, strawberry, pink grapefruit, and mango shower gel, R160 from Clicks.
- L’Octainne Xmas Bauble contains shower gel, hand cream and moisturizing milk (whatever that is) for R195. And it’s also a Xmas decoration.
- Lush bath bomb for R125 will make bath time spa time.
- Yankee Candles are amazing and they last for a really long time. The smallest ones start at R160.
- What’s the Festive Season without some nail bling? Glitter polish is amazing because it doesn’t have to be perfect and you can easily fix chips. OPI Sweetest Thing, R165.
Gifts any plant lover will adore
My lucky bamboo is my pride and joy but I also have a lot of other plants I enjoy trying to keep alive. Plants make great gifts as do plant accessories.
- I have too many pots – said no plant owner ever. Marble planter, R49.99 Street Sheet.
- Don’t hate on plastic plants as they have a 100% success rate. These little succulents are perfect for a desk at work. R59.99 each, MRP Home.
- I first discovered leaf shine while buying plants at a nursery and was really impressed. It’s like makeup for plants and makes their leaves look shiny and new. Leaf Shine, Hadeco, R175.
- Builders have a great selection of reasonably priced plants. The one pictured is R83.
- Hanging glazed ceramic planter, R199.99, MRP Home.
Useful food & drink gifts
Almost anyone would appreciate these gifts because who doesn’t drink water or take lunch to work? Exactly.
- A water bottle is always handy, R149.99 from Typo.
- A silicone tea infuser, The Crazy Store, R39.98.
- A good mug can make or break a delicious cup of coffee or tea. This sloth mug is perfect, R149.99, Typo.
- Sippy cups, not to be confused with water bottles, are perfect for iced coffee or green tea on the go. Get this one from MRP Home, R79.99.
- A hedgehog lunch bag, R99.99 from Woolworths.
What would a gift guide on TechGirl be without some tech gifts? These aren’t expensive and some are extremely useful.
- These magnetic phone holders work wonders while driving as they keep your phone in place, particularly useful is you’re using Google Maps or chatting over Bluetooth. Magnetic car air vent, R115 from Takealot.
- Sure when someone opens this, they’ll be like what is this, but is that really a bad thing? Add some ambience while camping or load shedding with this gadget. Thingamajig light phone diffuser from The Crazy Store for R49.98
- I would be lost without my Pop Socket but some prefer phone rings. Typo has awesome ones, including this cactus for R99.
- Phone holders are amazing, especially if you’re watching Netflix or YouTube.Novelty phone holders that come in panda, dinosaur and unicorn form, R99 from Typo
- Who remembers Tamagotchis? I bought one back in the day and it died pretty quickly because I didn’t know how to keep it alive. Re-live those throwback Thursdays with one for R299, Checkers.
What’s on your wishlist this year?