A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, we ran the GeeTech Community Sock – an Apex Legends Community Tournament. Here’s the TLDR:
- Trinoc got triggered that he made fancy graphics and animations that we didn’t use.
- Trinoc got triggered that we didn’t add his name to the name of the competition.
- A team won.
- A team came last.
- We couldn’t do maths well and only announced a winner days after the competition.
- There were memes.
Up to speed? Fantastic. Now let me share with you our latest offering. It is an offering that will revolutionise South African esports. It is something that has never been seen before. It is the future of competitive gaming. It will be the best run competition you’ve ever competed in. It will bring all gamers together. It will make us tons of money. It will let gamers win tons of money. It will have the maths done on time.
If you believe any of that then you should go sit in a dark corner and stay off the internet.
Here it is:
The Trinoc Community Sock – Revenge of the Sock
#SockLegends is a community Apex Legends Tournament in South Africa. We don’t do things professionally, we’re only here to have fun and yet still we managed to find sponsors to give us the greatest prize pool ever seen. Seriously, this will blow your mind. I can see it already, the hype and excitement. We’re about to up the game. Want to know the prize?
First, let me introduce the sponsors: Because of our incredible success in esports Trinoc, GeeMax and myself are rolling in the cash money. We have so much of it we don’t even know what to do with it any more. So we’ve decided to make ourselves the sponsors of the competition and pooled our resources together to ensure a winner’s prize fit for a… well, winner. So what is the prize for the winning team? 3 pairs of socks.
That’s right. We’re going big with Revenge of the sock. Our winning team will take home a pair of socks EACH. BAM!
Sticking with tradition there will also be a special prize for the lowest scoring team as well. I just haven’t figured out what the prize is yet. But there will be a prize.
Here’s how it works:
- We’ll open registrations for teams of 3 today.
- Each team will need to have a minimum of one streamer streaming all game play. If you aren’t a streamer we’ll guide you on how to set up your outputs to a Twitch account.
- Registrations will stay open for a week.
- Next week Thursday evening (we’ll confirm a time, but maybe later because we haven’t really thought this through) we will use a very fair and completely accurate Hedgehog draw to determine 9 teams who will compete in the finals.
- The winners from the last #SockLegends receive an automatic entry into this competition.
- All teams will them compete on 28 April 2019 from 3pm to 6pm.
- At 6pm we’ll have a winner. If we can convince a significant other to do maths during the stream.
A few things to keep in mind:
- South African players only.
- PC only (we know there is a big console player base and we DO want to include you. But we’re only 3 n00bs. We’ve had an internal board meeting and, depending on how this one runs, will look to add a console element in our third competition).
- 1 point for every kill and 5 points for a win. You’ll have three hours to earn as many points as possible. At 6pm the squad with the most points wins.
Want to jam? Sign your team up here.
If you have questions jump into our discord and we’ll answer as best we can. Join here.