While the holidays are for relaxing and spending time with friends and family, it can also be a time of stress. We’ve put together some great tips to make the holidays awesome with our ultimate holiday survival guide.
1. Getting there: make sure your road trip is hassle free with lots of music, podcasts, a reliable map app and of course a great photo app for all those holiday selfies. If you go on holiday and don’t take a selfie, remember it didn’t happen.
2. Playing games together is a great way to bond, except if you are competitive. Then it could turn ugly. Forget the 30 Seconds (although this is possibly one of the most amazing games ever) and try out some of these. (Cards Against Humanity anyone?)
3. Get the tunes flowing and avoid arguments over their terrible taste in music by turning your phone or tablet into a jukebox. Invite your guests to add to the party playlist, and just like a democracy, if a song gets a lot of downvotes, it is out. Introducing QCast for Android or iOS. The best part is that as the host, you still have the power and final say. You control when a song skips, play/pause and the volume.
4. Lighten up the mood with delicious cocktails served poolside. No one can be sad when they have a colourful, delicious drink in front of them. Get Cocktail Flow (android) or Mixology (iOS) for loads of exciting recipes to suit all tastes.
5. Make decisions easily with a Magic 8 ball. Can’t decide which restaurant to go to or what activity to do? Simply ask the Magic 8 ball, and you’ll get an unbiased answer that no one can argue with. Get it on Android or iOS.
And if all else fails, just say f*ck it and go meditate.
Food for thought:
Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases. – Bridger Winegar
I usually send out a weekly mailer with a recap of blog posts but also some personal anecdotes. If you want to know about competitions or just catch up in a more personal setting then you might like to receive the mailer.