How to download Apps Like Pokemon Go without an Apple ID

There comes a time where the FOMO kicks in for reals, this was Wednesday night as I went on to Twitter to see that Pokemon Go released, but I could not download it as it was not available in the South African App Store. Luckily for me, I have been using this method to download apps without an account for a long time, and went straight onto the app and downloaded my game. Why should we be restricted to region-based releases? And why should we have to create a new Apple ID for every conceivable country in the world? On my side yet? Good!

There are a few ways to get apps on your iPhone or iPad without the need for the App Store at all, yes, it is 2016 and things are possible.

There are a few things you need to keep in mind however:

• This is not intended to commit piracy, this is a way to download free apps from another region
  • This works on every iOS device running iOS 7 through to iOS 9
  • This is completely harmless. No really, there is nothing wrong with this, it does not void your warranty or any other things all you Apple fans are afraid of.

Disclaimer: I did this on my iPad as I already have the app on my iPhone and did not want to delete it all over again. The process is the same either way.

Now that is out the way, let us start with the steps. It is super quick, but relies on internet to get going so I recommend doing this on Wi-Fi.

What you will need:

• iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch – Yes, only that!

Step 1: install Hipstore/Hip4U

Install Apps Without Apple ID

In a nutshell, this process relies on an app to download other apps. Think of it as a third party app store where you can download apps without the need to create an account.

Head on over to Hipstore.mobi on your iOS device. Right at the bottom of the page you will see a “download Hipstore” icon, just to the right tap on the iOS 7/8/9 button, and it will then ask you if you want to install the app. Obviously say yes, and wait for the app to install on your home screen of your device. It might take a few minutes to download.

Step 2: Open Hip4U

Step 2

Now that the app is installed, you will need to open it, but wait! Before you can do that, it will give you an error saying that it is from an unknown source. Not to worry, to enable this app to open, head to:

Settings>Profile & Device Management> Tap on Taz Trading Services> Tap on Trust “Taz Trading Services.

This basically lets you open apps, which have not been downloaded from the App Store.

Step 3: Install Pokemon Go, or other apps

Step 4

Head back to your home screen and open the Hip4U app. Welcome to the world of region free downloads. This store has everything you ever want, without the need to create any account. Open up the app, and click on the search button.  I searched for Pokemon Go and it found it first time. Tap on the game and click download.

Now keep in mind that this download does not go straight onto your home screen, rather it downloads the app into a download section in the app. Once it has done that, it will then ask you to install it, tap Yes. The app is now installed to your home screen.

Step 4: Trust the new app and start playing

Step 3

Now that the app is installed on your device, you will have to trust it again like you did for the Hip4U app. Keep in mind that this only needs to be done once for each app you download. Head into

Settings>General> Device and Profile Management> Look for the new app listed there, being Pokemon Go> tap on trust.

You now have Pokemon Go on your iPhone in South Africa.

You can go wild with this app, download whatever you want, just make sure to go ahead and trust each new app in Settings>General>Profile and Device Management. This app might take a few minutes to install, but once it is on your device, it really opens up the doors to new apps and content that could be restricted due to a soft-launch.

• Reply Dylan July 7, 2016 at 20:44

I’m not getting the notification for the profile I need to trust. It just lets me download hip4u open it and download pm: go to hip4u but when I try to install it loads to about 3/4 the way and says I’m unable to install it and gives me the option to retry. But no matter how many times I try. No luck.

• Reply Marco Cocomello July 7, 2016 at 21:02

Hmmm? Don’t know hey. Had no issues with this today. Try and download it from the direct link off safari (http://ios.hipstore.mobi/app/Pokemon-GO/1000007852) and just follow the “trust” steps after it downloads

• Reply Tomas July 14, 2016 at 17:31

Is this game connected to all the real niantic servers? In other words can I play with other users who use this app from iTunes? Can I join gyms from other users on iTunes?

• Reply Marco Cocomello July 14, 2016 at 17:36

Yes, the app is 100% Pokemon Go, so it uses the same servers.

• Reply barefootmegz July 8, 2016 at 19:21

What a godsend! Can’t say the game is all I was hoping for though – no points system, and so on?? Maybe it improves.

• Reply Sam Wright July 11, 2016 at 14:02

Yeah I keep hearing this and I’m on the fence about actually downloading (I’m also stressed that I will be completely sucked in!)

• Reply bill July 13, 2016 at 22:05

it keeps saying its dowloaded and its 1% away from installing pokemon go and then it says “you are unable to dowload pokemond go at this time”. any tips? :/

• Reply KyraMegs July 10, 2016 at 11:58

I make it all the way to the loading screen, then 2/3rds of the way the blue bar stops and a message pops up telling me that it’s failed to get game data from the server… What could be causing this? 🙁

• Reply Sam Wright July 11, 2016 at 14:03

Are you using mobile or a tablet?

• Reply Martelle July 11, 2016 at 22:27

I’ve downloaded the hip4u app but when it opens it says something like “expected error (200-299) in 502”. I did do the “trust” step. Any help?

• Reply Marco Cocomello July 12, 2016 at 10:19

I think the app has had some server issues as I had the same error last night. Wait a bit and try again later. I am sure that will work. 🙂

• Reply Rob July 12, 2016 at 09:47

Are you sure this works on iOS7 as the app doesn’t normally work and I can’t get it functioning. It downloads and gets 2/3 installed and says error

• Reply BoringCapeTownChick July 12, 2016 at 09:47

Might sound like a stupid comment, but make sure you have enough space on your phone! My overfull iPhone has made my life a hell in trying to do anything sometimes. Just a thought 🙂

• Reply Marco Cocomello July 12, 2016 at 10:26

Low storage space. Story of our iPhone lives haha!

• Reply Jeroen Slee July 12, 2016 at 14:11

I’m struggling to finalize installation. Everything is downloaded, but when i want to verify pokemon go, it keeps on saying “unable to verify. a network connection is required.” even though im on my wifi.

• Reply marioakirkland July 13, 2016 at 21:24

Shame

• Reply Danielle July 12, 2016 at 20:51

The sight seems to be closed down I can’t get into it or download the game

• Reply Sam Wright July 15, 2016 at 07:40

• Reply rutajit August 17, 2016 at 13:26

That might be because the game has millions of people playing it or you don’t have enough space on your phone, bro

• Reply Sandy July 13, 2016 at 06:29

How safe is the site? It says it will have access to all the info on my phone!

• Reply Marco Cocomello July 13, 2016 at 09:43

The issue right now is the Android version of the app. As for the iPhone version, permissions it grants is what we expect when using the app as the infrastructure of the app is signed by Apple. Saying that, Nintendo have released a newer version of the app which grants less permission. Not that it should be an issue on iPhone anyway.

• Reply robjaich July 14, 2016 at 08:09

How do we update the Pokemon Go game now, seeing as it isn’t in an App Store? Thanks

• Reply Marco Cocomello July 14, 2016 at 09:30

If you head back into the Hip4U store, the updated app should be there, so just download it and it will install over the current one. You will keep all you saved data as it is Google Account based.

• Reply Karisha August 4, 2016 at 00:26

Hi when I try to update pokemon go, I go back into Hip4u but it just says download not update. What do I do?

• Reply Anonymous August 6, 2016 at 11:40

You have to download the app again as if you never had it, and after you installed it, the game will be in the same place as before, but this will be the updated version

• Reply Praks July 20, 2016 at 10:45

Hi , works very well except that I cannot purchase from the shop. Any ideas how to fix this ?

• Reply Marco Cocomello July 20, 2016 at 11:51

You will not be able to purchase from the store at this time as the game is not on the SA App Store, hence its in-app purchases aren’t either. You will have to wait until the app releases in SA to utilize the in-app purchases. I have also found that the Android version works with in-app purchases, so if you have an extra Android device around, use it for purchases and play on your iPhone.

• Reply Abdul Malik July 31, 2016 at 07:42

how would you update pokemon go?

• Reply Abdul Malik July 31, 2016 at 07:44

Nevermind, read the other comments

• Reply Dps August 10, 2016 at 10:55

I just downloaded the app but when I launched it I get a message to download an update. I go back to Hip4u and tgere is no update available. So I’m stuck

• Reply Karmen August 10, 2016 at 13:35

Downloaded Pokemon on my IPhone 6s Plus via Hip4u Store and it worked perfectly until I needed to update it. Trying to download it again as suggested but it keeps failing.

Please Help.

• Reply Concerned gamer August 11, 2016 at 00:13

I have the same problem, would love a reply

• Reply Sam Wright August 11, 2016 at 07:33

Hi – copied direct from Marco: You need to reload it. The best way to do this is to head back into the Hipstore app, and search for Pokemon GO. You will see that it will say that the version is 1.3.0, this is the version you need so download it and install it. If you have any issues, delete the app from your phone, and then delete it in the Hipstore download list too. Do not worry about saves as it is all server based on your Google account. Then download it again.

If you do not come right, use this link to download it directly from the site, visit this from your phone: http://ios.hipstore.mobi/app/Pokemon-GO/1000007852

• Reply Saarah August 11, 2016 at 10:52

Thank you so much for posting the link. It worked perfectly.

• Reply rutajit August 17, 2016 at 13:23

Thanks a lot. There was not a single thing that went wrong. Nice job

• Reply K August 23, 2016 at 15:21

I still can’t download it. Tried downloading hipstore for iOS 9.3 and it just keeps saying “unable to download right now” as soon as it finishes installing. Help someone?

• Reply Sam Wright August 23, 2016 at 16:17

Kanika I’m seeing Marco tonight and will also him to double check.

• Reply Marco Cocomello August 24, 2016 at 09:07

Hi, it could be a few things. Try restart your phone, make sure your connection you are using is stable, and that you have enough free space. It could also be an issue on their side with the servers preventing you from downloading the app. Best thing to do is just try later on or visit the direct link to download the Pokemon GO app http://ios.hipstore.mobi/app/Pokemon-GO/1000007852

• Reply someone August 27, 2016 at 22:59

Marco, I have the same problem as Kanika, I’ve had this problem for a while now, and I keep trying to download pokemon go but it just won’t work. You’re suggestions aren’t working either

• Reply someone August 28, 2016 at 02:20

actually, none of the hipstore apps are working