South African box subscriptions

A list of South African box subscriptions

Over time I’ve seen many box subscriptions pop up. The idea is that you pay a set amount each month and get a glorious box of goodies delivered to your door. You’ll remember we told you about The Counter’s Love Box awhile back. Following that post I had a reader ask me for a list of different box subscriptions available locally. I’ve found a few favourites I thought I’d share with you. Obviously I cannot list every box subscription service in the country but these are a few of my favourites that have popped up. If you have any others you want to add to the list, feel free to comment with links or drop me an email. For now, here is a list of South African box subscriptions we love:

SEE ALSO: This is the Nerd Nab Box & it has a real ninja star in it!

The Counter’s Love Box

white choc fudge

We’ve told you about this glorious delivery service before but it still had to make our list. Each month you get a yummy box of delicious home made treats. Think chocolate brownies, fudge and rocky road bars. It costs R200 a month for a 3 month subscription (i.e. you’ll need to spend R600 over 3 months).

Dark Carnival’s Geek Box

South African box subscriptions

If you dream about being a Jedi or wish you had super powers you’ll love the monthly Dark Carnival Geek Box. Imagine a surprise box that arrives monthly filled with all sorts of geeky delights – from T-Shirts to comic books to collectibles. The Dark Carnival Geek Box is R450 a month.

Lingerie Letters

South African box subscriptions

Every girl loves a pair of gorgeous panties. For R149 Lingerie Letters delivers a new set of underwear to you monthly. It’s a funky way to spice up your undergarments and keep your cupboard stocked with fun and sexy underwear.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: The South African You Tubers list

Champagne of the month club

South African box subscriptions

There is very little more glorious than a glass of bubbly. Champagne of the month delivers boxes of the good stuff to your door four times a year. They offer packages ranging from R1050 all the way through to R5400.

Ruby Box

South African box subscriptions

I’ve never used this service but I’ve heard a few good things. You’ll get make up and cosmetic samples delivered to your door once a month. This is a clever one for those that are lipstick obsessed. I think it costs R119 a month – but I’ll be honest I struggled to navigate the website to confirm this.

Foxy Box

South African box subscriptions

This naughty little delivery service packs sexy boxes to spice up your intimate moments. Think 50 shades of grey themed boxes so romantic valentine’s day inspired celebrations. Each box is crafted around a theme and includes kinky and sexy goodies you may be too afraid to purchase from that dodgy looking red light store down the road. The standard box costs R550.

Poppet Post

South African box subscriptions

This subscription is ideal for your little one. You can arrange that they receive a monthly package filled with educational toys and books that are designed to suit his or her age. This is a great way to keep your little one’s mind engaged and off the tablet for awhile. Deliveries subscription-based

o the Box

South African box subscriptions

This subscription based service is designed specifically for women and provides local brands (with a few international surprises) in a goodie box each month. Goodies include stationary, homeware, food items, accessories and beauty products. A box will set you back R299.95.

Do you have any other monthly box subscriptions I need to add to my list?

READ MORE: Should I make another South African box subscriptions list?

Should I make another South African box subscriptions list?

• Reply Unavengedavo November 17, 2015 at 14:33

Geekcrate? They seem to be having some teething issues, but I think it might getting better soon O_o

• Reply Her Highness the Hipster November 18, 2015 at 08:52

these guys seem pretty rad for those who have spawned. i used to love going to the store to buy books as a kid, but this seems like even more fun – plus kids love boxes. maybe kids are actually cats?

• Reply Tech Girl November 18, 2015 at 10:39

oooh fancy like.

• Reply Testing Testing January 27, 2016 at 21:28

Awesome!!

• Reply Ozzy November 19, 2015 at 13:26

loving Good Snacks at the moment! They do healthy snacks delivered to your door eac month, stops me putting the wrong this in my mounth the whole time. http://www.goodsnacks.co.za

• Reply Tech Girl November 23, 2015 at 15:59

Ooh I need to try that one!

• Reply Marné Combrinck November 23, 2015 at 15:06

I wasn’t aware of 6 out of the 8 boxes that you mentioned, wow. Thanks for posting xx

• Reply Tech Girl November 23, 2015 at 16:00

So glad I could help out. They’re all pretty cool.

• Reply Kim Dixon January 25, 2016 at 09:51

Are there any book related subscriptions similar to OwlCrate: https://www.owlcrate.com/

• Reply Tech Girl January 25, 2016 at 09:56

Kim I’m really not sure but can try look around for you?

• Reply Kim Dixon January 25, 2016 at 11:13

Thanks so much.
        I’ve had a look, but I haven’t had much success.

• Reply Proper Snacks March 3, 2016 at 09:41

Hi, my name is Edwin Proper, founder and CEO of ProperSnacks.co.za. A subscription business that delivers Eco-friendly, healthy, pocket-size snacks to your home or work place. We grow our own pecan nuts and buy in other nuts and dried fruits. We are super conscious about our impact on the environment and that is why we use 100% biodegradable food packing. Our passion and purpose is to HELP you live Happier, Healthier, Greener. Thank you for your time 🙂 Love & Respect Edwin

• Reply Kittybox April 15, 2016 at 16:12

If you’re a cat owner who wants to treat your kitty, take a look at Kittybox (http://kittybox.co.za). Each box is lovingly packed with specially chosen goodies for your cat. It’s a passion project of mine, inspired by my three furry babies.

• Reply Tech Girl April 18, 2016 at 07:00

This is so adorable! Love it!

• Reply Zestly April 20, 2016 at 08:39

Love this post.
    Please can you add Zestly Box. A gourmet foods & snack box. A monthly discovery box of South African products. Have a look here for more – http://www.zestly.co.za

• Reply Tech Girl April 21, 2016 at 12:42

Hi, We dont add anything we havent actually tried ourselves yet.

• Reply Tech Girl May 25, 2016 at 17:12

Hi, we try not promote things we havent tried ourselves – so we’ve taken out the link. Will definitely investigate your offering further! Thanks for letting us know!

• Reply Delight Box May 24, 2016 at 16:20

Nice list of subscription boxes Sam! We thought we’d add ours here in the comments too…

We’re The Delight Box, a gourmet SA goodie box for discovering new flavours. For R499 a month you get 8 full-size products from SA artisans, plus a surprise foodie gift, a set of meet-the-maker product cards, and 30 meals donated to charity! And a thank you card from our partner FoodBank SA. Oh, and free delivery, and you can cancel anytime. And The Delight Box Guarantee: a full refund if you don’t like it. Check it out at http://www.thedelightbox.com!

• Reply Tech Girl May 25, 2016 at 17:10

Hi there, we try not promo boxes we haven’t tried ourselves. So I’ve removed the link. Will definitely investigate your service more though. Looks good!

• Reply Bernadette Hubbart June 5, 2016 at 13:49

I loved the Ooh Box 🙂 a monthly or bi-monthly subscription with a nice selection of wines, sweet and savoury treats and nice finds from all over SA…I had to break it off for a while cos I don’t drink enough wine to keep up…

• Reply Tech Girl June 6, 2016 at 08:50

yeah – keeping up with the monthly delivery can be a pain!

• Reply Beazel June 14, 2016 at 09:18

Tech Girl – You should give http://www.fourpawsandme.co.za a try, I have used them and they are awesome! They do subscription boxes for dog owners.

• Reply Morgan Oosthuizen July 19, 2016 at 12:25

Are there any couple subscription boxes?

• Reply Sam Wright July 19, 2016 at 13:14

I’ll need to hunt them down!

• Reply Morgan Oosthuizen July 19, 2016 at 15:03

Thanks ☺

• Reply Joanne April 20, 2017 at 20:41

Could you possibly look at Liveglam.com I am trying to purchase the monthly Morphe brushes they have with no luck

• Reply Sam Wright May 1, 2017 at 20:52

Is it not maybe because it is an international site? What problem are you getting when you try sign up?

• Reply Kaylin Barber October 11, 2017 at 13:42

If anyone knows of any subscriptions that deal with bacon products that would be awesome (the only one I came across sadly moved to the UK , it was called bacon of the month.)
    Also, if there are any subscriptions that deal with football apparel of some description that would be awesome. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thnaks